The Roths Down Under

A collection of daily events, activities, thoughts and reflections. Check back often as we will update our log every day or so. Don't forget to stay in touch by clicking on the comment link below each daily entry!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States

A young family having many "adventures of a lifetime!" Ed, Karen, Eddie & Heather

online

Thursday, June 02, 2005

I Gotta Get a Grip!

About a month ago, I discovered that Hungry Jack's, which is in Indooroopilly, sells ice cream cones for 30 cents, 30 Australian cents, so roughly 23 US cents. So every day on the way home from work, I'd pop in there and get a 30-cent ice cream cone, at about 9:30 at night. Then I realized that Hungry Jack's is open on my way to work as well ... so I started to get them a few days here and there in the morning also, about 8:30 in the morning. Well, one day when the 'night girl' gave me my cone, she had hurried through the process of making it so she could get out and get home, and it was not quite the cone I was used to. In my mind I heard myself saying...."awwwe, now look at that! She didn't put enough ice cream in it, it's all leaning off to one side, the top isn't even pointy - c'mon man!" THEN ... the other day, the person gives me a cone, that I watched her make, and it was perfect and I said OUT LOUD, to her ..."wow - thanks - that's the best ice cream cone anyone's made me here in a month!"

I thought to myself on the way out of the mall, "damn man, I'm critiquing the ice cream girls and the levels of perfection of a 30-cent soft-serve ice cream cone - I gotta get a grip!"

8 Comments:

Blogger kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

Yes, Ed, you do need to get a grip. :) But that is nice to let her know that she did a good job...do you think that she felt good on the way home from work? :)

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, that is so funny but I'm the same way. I expect service with a smile damn it. You should've tipped her a buck for that 30 cent cone.

My questions is why are they so cheap? What is this ice cream made out of?

3:51 AM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Wait, you are having icecream twice a day?

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To respond to Brian's question... Ed if oyu look closely, I don't think they actually call it "ice cream." I am not usre if any cows wehre acually involved (or harmed) in the making of these!!!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to getting my 2 ice cream cones a day shortly.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...how small are these 30 cent ice cream cones....i'd need about 10 of them.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

They are not as small as you think - they are not like the free ones that McDonald's gives to kids in the U.S. ... and Anonymous is right, I looked this morning... they are not referred to as "ice cream" cones - just cones, hmmmmmm

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, those may just be one of those items to enjoy without asking TOO many questions such as why isn't it actually called ice cream? or what IS in it??
something about "ignorance being bliss????"

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home