The Roths Down Under

A collection of daily events, activities, thoughts and reflections. Check back often as we will update our log every day or so. Don't forget to stay in touch by clicking on the comment link below each daily entry!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States

A young family having many "adventures of a lifetime!" Ed, Karen, Eddie & Heather

online

Friday, May 20, 2005

Soda, Pop, or Coke?

OK, this was pretty cool. Having lived in three different places, Karen and I are always talking about word choices, accents, etc. This is by far nothing official, and VERY easy to trick if you wanted to, but below are the results of an online linguistic analysis of my use of American English. When I was honest about it, the results came out making a lot of sense. Click on the link below my results and get your own - let the rest of us know how they turn out!


Your Linguistic Profile:



60% General American English

25% Upper Midwestern

15% Yankee

0% Dixie

0% Midwestern


4 Comments:

Blogger kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

That's fun Ed! Here are my results:

55% General American English
30% Yankee
15% Dixie
0% Midwestern
0% Upper Midwestern

But, I call the night before Halloween "Gate Night", which wasn't any of the choices.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fo' Shizzle Nizzle, Here Izzle my Rezizzles.....

75% General American English
10% Upper Midwestern
5% Midwestern
5% Yankee
5% Dixie

My results are close to yours I guess. I thought it was going to turn out like this for a second though.

60% African American (Homeboy)
15% Mexican American
10% Italian American
10% Retard
5% Caucasian Honkey

In a super white guy voice: "Have A Great Day There My Brother".

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scored 55% general AMerican English, 35% Yankee, 5% Dixie (???), and 5% upper midwest ( I aint no Yuper!!!). SO am not sure of accuracy with mine!!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

45% General American English
35% Yankee
15% Upper Midwest
5% Dixie (comes from going to Duke!)
0% Midwest

Not sure what it means, but there I am.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home