The Roths Down Under

A collection of daily events, activities, thoughts and reflections. Check back often as we will update our log every day or so. Don't forget to stay in touch by clicking on the comment link below each daily entry!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States

A young family having many "adventures of a lifetime!" Ed, Karen, Eddie & Heather

online

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Motown

For about 4 or 5 days, I was really intensely missing home, I mean I miss home and obviously Karen and the kids EVERY day, but I mean a real intense sadness. This morning when I got on the bus, I popped on my iPod two people who always make me feel better - Saginaw's own Stevie Wonder and queen of Motown, Anita Baker. There's something real.......I don't know, primal, or familiar about them - the type of familiarity ...., hmmm...something in their voices that makes me feel "at home" no matter where I am.

And dig this line when Stevie starts in with, "Over time, I've been building my castle of love, just for two, though you never knew you were my reason. Over dreams, I have picked out a perfect "come true", though you never knew it was of you I've been dreaming".

How can I hear that and not think that's exactly what's happened to me with Karen, Eddie, & Heather - I've built my castle and my perfect 'come true' has done just that.

Don't forget to hit the comments button just to say 'Hi' from time to time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Hey, Ed!

Being away from home sucks indeed. 36 days left. Hope its going by quickly.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home