The Roths Down Under

A collection of daily events, activities, thoughts and reflections. Check back often as we will update our log every day or so. Don't forget to stay in touch by clicking on the comment link below each daily entry!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States

A young family having many "adventures of a lifetime!" Ed, Karen, Eddie & Heather

online

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Bunch of Stuff

Yesterday I FINALLY completed all of the grades for my students back at WMU (grades were due April 26th - I had to give everyone an incomplete). Due to a problem with the Fed Ex delivery of their final exams, I didn't get the grades done until last week and then there were problems with submitting the new grades online, bla bla bla. Anyway, I have all of that stuff worked out and will mail the hard copy grade-change-forms in on Monday - thank goodness that is out of my hair.

Last night while I was walking home from the bus, a few bats flew out of the tree they tend to hang out in and I just sort of paused for a second, no big jump, no cursing this time, and kept on cruising home. I'm not sure if getting used to giant bats is a good thing or not.

Today, as Dave was putting the boys into their car seats, he accidentally turned on the windshield wipers and without any rain/moisture on the windshield, they made this noise that sounded an awful lot like the bats do when they take off. I was standing right next to the car at this point, and this time - I jumped. Maybe I'm not quite used to them yet, and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Going to a Brisbane Lions (Aussie rules football) game tonight. Should be a good time.

Happy Mother's day to all of you wonderful moms!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Ok, so what the heck do the giant bats eat? Are we talking small dogs, or kiwi fruit, or what?

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mostly small mammals. Children, samll dogs, cats... They do have an afinity for human blood though. Best not to stare them down as this does often provoke an attack

8:28 AM  
Blogger kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

Hey Ed! E7 and I just got back from our trip to Austria and the Czech Republic...and one of the first things I did was to check out your blog! :) Loved the pictures and thought it was great that Eddie was able to overtake the older generation in the race!

I'm getting excited to see you, Karen and the kids next month!!!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck -- bats!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home