The Roths Down Under

A collection of daily events, activities, thoughts and reflections. Check back often as we will update our log every day or so. Don't forget to stay in touch by clicking on the comment link below each daily entry!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States

A young family having many "adventures of a lifetime!" Ed, Karen, Eddie & Heather

online

Friday, April 15, 2005

Eminem

So, Eminem just might be the biggest international pop/rap star over the last couple of years. When I was in Geneva a few years ago, the girl at the airport who was processing my ticket, saw that I was from Michigan, and when she asked me where in Michigan I was from, to make things easy, I just said I was from Detroit. She started to blush and breathe more heavily, and said, "Oh my God - do you know Eminem? He's my ...." and I couldn't make out the last word as it was in Swiss German but it I'm sure it was something a little more risque than "my honey buns".

Then today, on the bus, I was listening to one of his songs, and the girl sitting next to me could hear it through my headphones and she started in with the same type of comments the girl in Switzerland did - bizarre!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home