The Roths Down Under

A collection of daily events, activities, thoughts and reflections. Check back often as we will update our log every day or so. Don't forget to stay in touch by clicking on the comment link below each daily entry!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States

A young family having many "adventures of a lifetime!" Ed, Karen, Eddie & Heather

online

Friday, July 29, 2005

Homecoming


Homecoming
Originally uploaded by ed_roth.

Ahhh, to be home at last! Eddie and I got home last night around 8:00 with Karen and Heather there to pick us up. What a great reunion that was!! Eddie ran to Karen and almost wiped her out and Heather ran at me full tilt - back together again on home turf - NOTHING better!! The whole trip back in total was about 28 hours so we were tired but definitely excited to be back and didn't go to sleep until after 1 a.m. I woke up today (only because the phone rang) about 12:30 and Eddie woke up at 3:00 in the afternoon! Sooooo, it looks like it will be a few days before we are readjusted.
After being away for 4 months it was so wonderful to be back surrounded by familiar faces, voices, signs, food, etc. etc. I'll write more later once we've settled a bit. Ahhh, to smell my own coffee, out of my own mug ... now that's morning! (even if it did start after noon!)

2 Comments:

Blogger kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

WELCOME HOME!!! What a WONDERFUL picture. :) Try to get over jet-lag and let Karen take care of you all! (You go, Ka!) See you in a few weeks and hope you are over your jet lag by then.

Eddie is my man...good for him sleeping until 3PM! :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

WELCOME HOME!!! Gave me goosebumps reading this. Glad to get you back in the States. Does it feel like you are in a strange house or what? When I come back from a long trip, the house always smells like when we moved in. NEw but familiar.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home